There was much fanfare around the government's Solent Freeports announcement back in March. But there has been little detail emerging since until the autumn Budget, which included a £200m pot for Freeport development and announced that the first three Freeports will shortly go live.
So what practical steps should businesses be taking in readiness?
• The decision-making journey for both local businesses and investors coming into the region
• How do you set up operations within a freeport?
• Investment decisions and how these can align with freeport objectives
What you need to think about in terms of:
• Tax implications and potential benefits
• Structuring the business
• Locating operations within a freeport area
• Planning issues and leases
• Steps you can take now and in the future.
This hour-long session will give you the chance to question our panel of specialists. It is aimed at directors of companies operating across all key sectors in the Central South including manufacturing, technology, wholesale, and retail.
Keynote introduction: Cllr. Daniel Fitzhenry, Leader of Southampton City Council
Followed by a panel discussion
Chaired by Paula Swain - Board member of Solent Freeport Consortium & Solent LEP
Glynn Woodhouse, VAT regional partner, BDO
Stuart Lisle, Senior Tax Partner, BDO
Steve Porter, National head of Corporate division, Shoosmiths
Kirsten Hewson, National head of Real Estate, Shoosmiths
Date: Thursday 2 December
Time: 9.00am - 10.00am
Get your free ticket here.