Companies in the South East will have the chance to learn about the latest trends in key issues across health, safety and the environment at a briefing by experts in the field from EEF, the manufacturers’ organisation.
The briefings will cover the possible impact of the EU Withdrawal Bill, key legislative developments and updates to industry standards and guidance, all with the focus on practical implications for business so companies can prepare and remain compliant with the law.
The briefings will also cover key topical issues with a review of recent prosecutions and a ‘hot topic’ with a focus on best practice and common challenges in industry. Aimed at those responsible for health, safety & the environment, as well as managers and Directors the briefings will include:
• Possible outcomes from the EU Withdrawal Bill
• Impact of sentencing guidelines
• The implications of the Grenfell Fire
• Latest health, safety & environment prosecutions
• Occupational Health briefing
• Updates on Energy & Environmental regulations in the UK and EU
• Updates on European Commission health & safety activity and impact on the UK
• Energy saving opportunities
Commenting, Steve Jackson, EEF director of health, safety & sustainability, said: “Investing in health, safety & environment is not just good business practice it is essential for companies to remain within the law where the penalties for getting it wrong can be severe. This briefing will bring companies right up to speed on developments post Brexit so they are able to prepare and remain fully compliant.”
The half-day briefing will take place on October 26 at Amphenol in Whitstable or on November 15 at Green Park Conference Centre in Reading from 9am until approximately 12.20pm. For full details on booking contact 0845 293 9850 or book online at www.eef.org.uk