When The Business Magazine holds your data, we commit to ensuring that it is held securely and that your privacy is safeguarded.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
You will find our contact details at the end of this policy which you can use if you have any questions, wish to update or access your personal data, wish to withdraw consent to the use of your data or wish to make a complaint.
We may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from March 1, 2018.
1 What we collect
We receive, collect and hold the following information:
- job title, company/business name
- contact information including email address, postal address and telephone number
- details of previous involvement with The Business Magazine, eg attendance at an event
- relationship status with us: eg magazine subscriber, event sponsor, advertising client etc
- for companies on annual listings: annual company turnover, number of employees – obtained from publically available data sources eg FAME
- invoicing information where relevant
- statistical analysis of website usage based on automatic collection of user browsing data
– our web servers automatically store details of: your browser and operating system; the website from which you visit; the pages you visit on our website; the date of your visit; and, for security reasons, the Internet protocol (IP) address assigned to you by your internet service. Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your device and stored on its hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you visit.
- copies of your correspondence with us.
2 How we use the data we hold
- to supply the magazine, eNewsletters, event information and invitations, annual listings campaign information or anything else requested
- to periodically send promotional emails – using the email address which you have provided – about new products and services, special offers or other information if we think they may be of relevance or interest to you
- to confirm the accuracy of data, including listings data, to be published online or in print
- to raise or settle invoices as appropriate
- to allow statistical analysis which we may use to improve our website and any connected services
- to correspond and communicate with you
- to enable market research.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your data for any of these purposes at any time – see section 6 below.
We are committed to ensuring that the data we hold is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place procedures to safeguard and secure all data we collect.
Where data is held on secure servers of third party service providers which may be located in countries outside of the EEA and may not have similar data protection laws to the UK, we have established that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
4 How long we keep your data for
We retain personal data:
- for as long as it is being used for the purposes stated in this policy, or
- until we receive notification from you that you withdraw your consent for us to use it for those purposes and require us to remove the data from our records. To do so see section 6 below.
5 Your rights
You have the right to ask us:
- for a copy of the data we hold about you
- to update the data we hold about you
- to stop using the data for any or all of the purposes specified
- to remove all the data we hold about you
To action, contact us by email or in writing using the contact details in section 6 below.
6 Withdrawing consent to use the data we hold about you, or accessing or amending it
We commit to using your data only for the purposes stated in this policy until such time as you withdraw your consent for us to do so.
To withdraw your consent for us to:
- hold your data, or
- use it as specified in this policy
or to access or amend the data held by us,
contact us at:
For the purpose of current data protection regulations, the data controller is:
Arlington Business Park
In accordance with data protection regulations, we have notified the office of the Information Commissioner of our data processing activities. Our registration number is 13202910.